It’s been a while. I’m sorry. No excuses.
Anyway….I have a life update! I’m starting a new job this week. I’m freaking stoked. I took three weeks off from the working world and I am very much itching to get the ball rolling.
I have a few things I’m really excited about, and then a few things I’m a little nervous about. Here is what’s on my mind right now.
- I’m in a completely new city, basically alone. My best friend moves here in a month but until then, I’m doing my own thing. Which is cool, because I obviously identify as an introvert…but I’m also realizing that I need some social time too. Therefore…
- I hope my coworkers want to be my friend. I am realizing how lucky ‘past me’ was. I didn’t ever really think about what it was like to not see my friends for days on end because I was constantly surrounded by people who cared about me. Being on my own is putting this in a whole new light. I’ve been in the new city for five days now and have only really been out of the house to buy furniture. #SendHelp
- I can’t WAIT to work. Seriously. I’m a bit of a workaholic so the last few weeks of vacation were more about me itching to get back to work. I can’t tell you how many times I checked my old job’s email by virtue of habit.
- I HAVE GOOGLE FIBER. I went five days without internet at my new place, which drove me to the brink of insanity, but it was SO WORTH IT for these INSANE speeds. OMG. Cannot stress this enough guys.
- Things are different now. I’m away from my family and familiar friends. I’m starting a new job in a different industry. I’m outside of my comfort zone. But…I’m in a much nicer apartment. I’m in a city known for nice people (compared to my last city). I have family not too far away from here with whom I’m hoping I’ll become closer. I’m ready to get the ball rolling.
Also, kudos to anyone who has ever done the whole ‘moving on your own to an entirely new city’ thing. It takes guts, and then some.
Until next time!